Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Resurrection Day! ~Project Intercession~




      

     Happy Easter, everyone! I know that holidays that are predominantly Christian in nature always stir up a typhoon of emotions, but one thing that is certain; Jesus came in the form of flesh (celebrated in Christmas), lived and died and, amen, was raised from the grave (commonly known as Easter Day). I do prefer to call it Resurrection Morning since it is more biblical, but the point is that, the world see it as a Christian Holiday! That's pretty telling! Maybe Christians should use the occasion and lift up the name of Christ instead of being so biblically sound that they forget to actually reveal Christ! Regardless, PRAISE GOD, He is Risen and we have a LIVING God!!!!

     I actually wanted to take this opportunity to quickly encourage the reader to not quite and hopefully strengthen your faith! The Apostle Paul encouraged the Church at Corinth by the following words: " There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a  way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13. Why is this important? Well, I find that things I experience in life are not unique to me. In other words, the chances are very great that someone else living no or who has lived has gone through the trial/temptation/blessing or otherwise, such as I have. In fact, the Bible says this emphatically true! With that said, I found myself lately feeling alienated from God and all things spiritually concerned. I will admit that I have not been dwelling in my Bible enough, nor in prayer nor in intercession, nor giving of thanks, nor giving of my increase (or decrease) and in general have been inhibiting Christ in me... While in church today, the message was about, "Famous last words of the Executed" and Pastor Cuddy went through some examples of convicts who had spoken some interesting things in the final moments of their lives. Some men were just not afraid of facing death. Although I'm not afraid of death, because of Christ completed work for me (and the World), it was noteworthy nonetheless. The Pastor ended with the famous final words of my Savior while on the Cross. Taken from the Apostle John account of the Crucifixion, Christ said; "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." John 19:30. WOW! What a powerful statement! But as the Pastor expounded on this deep thought and the ramification thereof, I found myself somewhat removed from the gravity of this finished work. I realized something in my life. The writer of Hebrews says in the 3rd chapter that sin's deceitfulness hardens the heart towards God. I realized that I have allowed the flesh to reign in my life deadening me to the awesome work of Christ and his Resurrection! What a shame!  At that moment, I had some reckoning to do with my Savior!

     I'm not trying to discourage anyone, but maybe you too have allowed your sin, this flesh to have too much (any is too much, but start somewhere) precedence. Why not today, have a little talk with Jesus and live the Resurrected life with Christ?