Monday, December 16, 2013

I'm Forgiven! ~Project Intercession~

          

          What defines a true friend? Is it someone who always defends a person? Could it be a person who always offers friendly criticism? Or perhaps someone who extends salutations, or gifts, maybe services, or sticks by through hard times? All of these attributes might possibly be encapsulated in a friend, but what really defines a true "friend"? 

          Proverbs 18:24 alludes to a possible definition: "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Something that I've found in my walk with Christ is that friendships cannot be understood unless it is viewed from a single perspective. This view is not one that can be described or found in human relationships. It is found in ONE place, in one Person, JESUS Christ! Jesus Christ defines what a true friend is... One of the strongest attributes of God's loving friendship towards me, towards you, towards the World, is His forgiveness. I have found that when I'm living unto the flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh (Ephesians 2:3), I "lose" the love of God, the Forgiveness of God. Interestingly, that same chapter of Ephesians (chapter two), goes on to describe the forgiveness of God. I exhort you, brethren, live the dangerously, loving, forgiving life of Christ! Even if the cost, is life itself. The Lamb is worthy.

May God bless you, Intercessors!