Tuesday, June 18, 2013

An Uncompromising Standard! ~Project Intercession~

Greetings Everyone,




          I know it has been quite awhile since my last post, yet I have not forgotten about the burden here. Many things have happened; some good and some bad; some prayers answered and some still being petitioned before the throne. I have chosen the title, An Uncompromising Standard because of the things that have transpired in my life recently. According to the wisest man who graced this Earth (1 Kings 3:7-14), there is nothing new under the sun and the temptations presented before you are the same as before me (and vice versa). It is through these lens I wish to speak a word today through this letter.

          Over the past 7 months the Lord has wrought many miracles in my life! My wife and I have been blessed with a little boy-child (Avi James), a daughter who has seen another year of life (3 years old), another year with my beautiful wife (Anita), stamina to continue schooling (only 8 more months until graduation) and the desire of my heart as far as work goes- Police Officer! Throughout this time, the Lord has seized the opportunity to not only provide when we doubted Him, but to train and test me for His Glory! It seems that usually I fall very short of the goal (Jude 24-25), but He's been there to catch me and forgive me (1 John 1:9).

          In relation to standing my ground, I have found yet another weakness as I transition into full time police work. The temptation of conformity. Like never before, the urge to comply and blend in to the sub-culture constraints of law enforcement (LE) have never been greater. I recognize this is not just exclusive to LE but is universal to any line of work. However, when camaraderie, trust and life is held by your partner, a deeper sense of gratitude but also conformity exist as opposed to other fields of work. This same principle is applicable to Christians; how easy is it for a Christian to compromise in a certain situation what they know to be right and Biblical but for the sake of pride, embarrassment, friendship or even family, they are willing to let-go of their beliefs for the moment. We simply cannot allow this to happen! I cannot allow myself to compromise due to the moment.

          As I conclude this post, I urge each of you to pray, intercede on the behalf of your Christian brothers and sisters to remain strong, strengthen those who are weak and fight for those who have been destroyed. Too long the Church has stayed dormant to the attacks of the Devil and his fiery darts. Unwilling to be exposed and vulnerable, Christians rather would watch their brothers and sisters die, be tortured or lured by lust rather than risk alienation. I call you to a higher standard, a higher calling, the cause of Christ! Is there yet anyone who will STAND in the gap and face uncertainty despite the shame? Jesus did!

Hebrews 12:1-5

12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.